Caledonia

Text on Marker:

CALEDONIA

ORGANIZED 1803 AS TOWN OF

SOUTHAMPTON, NAME CHANGED

TO CALEDONIA 1806; SCOTTISH

EMIGRANTS SETTLED 1799

VILLAGE INCORPORATED 1891



Location: On south side of Rt. 5 (Main St.) at west entrance of Caledonia village, 1 mile from center of village.


Erected: NYS Education Dept., 1938


Notes: There are three identical markers on the three main roads entering the Village of Caledonia. The other two are located on the east side of State St. (Rt. 5) just north of Park Pl. and on the west side of North St. (Rt. 36) at Pamela St.