East Avon

Text on Marker:

EAST AVON

AS EARLY AS 1797, EAST AVON

BEGAN TO DEVELOP ALL THE ELEMENTS

OF A THRIVING COMMUNITY KNOWN

FOR THE WIARD PLOW, WHITE HORSE TAVERN

FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

AND SUSPECTED

UNDERGROUND RAILROAD ACTIVITIES

 

Location: Northeast corner of intersection of Rts. 5 & 20 and Rt. 15, East Avon, in front of First Presbyterian Church


Erected: Town of Avon Historian (Maureen Kingston), 2011