Oakland Wesleyan Church, Portage

Once Portage District School #2, this building was purchased for use as a Sunday school when the district school closed in 1940. In 1951, the Oakland Wesleyan Methodist Church was officially organized. This photograph shows the building in 1953.


Over the years, renovations and additions have enlarged the former schoolhouse building, and the Oakland Wesleyan Church still occupies the property.