President Millard Fillmore

Text on Marker:

1 MILE WEST

SITE OF FULLING MILL WHERE

PRESIDENT

MILLARD FILLMORE

WORKED WHEN A BOY IN 1814

 

Location: Northwest corner of intersection of Rt. 36 (Sonyea Rd.) and Coffee Hill Rd., West Sparta


Erected: NYS Department of Education, 1940


Notes: 1984 – after years of searching, Town Historian David L. Palmer located sign in the loft of the McNair-Goodwin barn. It had never been set up after issuance in 1940. Marker was repainted and installed at current site by David L. Palmer